Sunday, April 26, 2015

Blowing Off Some Dust

Hah! Here it is! I found it. I knew I had a blog around here somewhere....!

I've been going back and forth about whether I want to start blogging again. It's kind of hard to be decisive when there are other platforms that could serve the purpose of sharing my thoughts with the universe whether you all care or not, and each one has its own merits. I think the appeal of this method is that I can fit more thought into a post than Facebook or Instagram or whatever other media there may be. It's a little more invested than "liking" or double tapping photos or commenting.

I liked having a knitting blog and reading knitting blogs. There was a sense of community that feels more tangible than any other online interaction.

I think I really need to invest in blogging again. It isn't the most convenient, but it was the most satisfying.

I am pretty sure this is going to morph back into a knitting blog, but I'll be sure to sprinkle some non-knitting related stuff in here.

Not today, though.

To date, I've gotten back into making. I've been good starting this year with a steady pace of finished objects and knitting from stash yarn. However, I fell completely off that wagon as of this month. With renewed interest in knitting, I started a separate IG account for the knitting and exposed myself to the latest generation of what's trending in the online knitting world. I got a bonus at work and have been under a lot of stress, which create the perfect conditions for retail therapy. I've ordered no less than ten skeins of sock yarn, two sets of Signature Needle Arts needles, and an Akerworks spindle. I've also started four different projects this month and finished three. I'm averaging four projects finished per month. At this rate, I may see a dent in my stash by the time my kids graduate from high school assuming I don't buy any more yarn. Fat chance of that happening, though.

Ahhhh...blogging about knitting....it's gonna be like riding a bike. And just as much fun as a T-Rex can have knitting a sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment